Fancy a vacation or need to take a break after hosting a big family reunion while on vacation?
Maybe you are looking for a romantic weekend or to finally use it experiential holiday gift. Whatever your motivation, a getaway to Greenville, South Carolina (house for GVL today) is the one you are looking forward to all year.
At this time of year, Greenville is more like red-and-greenville. Its bustling downtown streets are decorated in a holiday decor and packed with activities that the whole family can enjoy (think: ice skating + hot chocolate).
To help you plan, we made a list (and double checked) hotel recreation + must-see vacation activities in Greenville, SC if you want to travel this season:
AC Hotel Greenville, 315 S Main St.
- Details: One block from downtown GVL iconic Falls Park, AC Greenville Hotel is in the heart of downtown. Take a peek at the Main Street window displays as local retailers festively decorate their storefronts for the year Main Street Window Decorating Competition. ï¸
- Advantages: It is located about half a block from the United Community Bank Ice on Main. Put on your skates and enjoy the holiday spirit by spinning under the stars at Ice Cream on Hand (a mini replica of Rockefeller Center) while you warm up with hot chocolate, coffee + treats. Pro tip: Buy your ticket in advance – $ 10 per adult, $ 8 for children ages 4 to 12. ??
Greenville Marriott, One Parkway East
- Details: Located just off The Parkway, the Greenville Marriott is ~ 20 minutes from the Mauldin Cultural Center. Visit this month for their Christmas at the beach, featuring live beach-style holiday music, a holiday market, photos with Santa, annual tree lighting + a few cheery extras that will help lift your spirits.
- Advantages: Do you have pets? No need to leave your furry family members at home for the holidays. They are welcome at the Greenville Marriott.
Need more options? We’ve rounded up over 5 additional vacation getaway activities and hotels we think christmas love.
- Details: If a round of golf on Christmas morning seems like the best gift ever, this is where you will want to book your stay. Channel your inner Dustin Johnson at the Verdae Reserve, a championship golf course located right next to the station.
- Advantages: There is an on-site restaurant with a outdoor bar + fireplace for real vibrations of roasted chestnuts on an open fire.
- Details: Wake up on Christmas morning in your suite and enjoy your coffee on a balcony overlooking the rooftops of the city center or your premium room package from an assortment sweets + bevs.
- Advantages: Sizzling USDA Prime steaks + award-winning wines are on the menu at Ruth’s Chris Steak House, while the rooftop restaurant and bar, UP on the Roof, offers handcrafted cocktails, local cuisine and spectacular views. Relax with a dip in the salt water pool – the only indoor swimming pool in the city center.
- Details: Just off I-385, the Hilton Greenville is about a 10-minute drive to downtown and within walking distance for business, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Advantages: While in the city center, stop at the Upcountry History Museum, which will host a very happy exhibition; and the North Pole itself will be arise at the nearby Lowcountry Children’s Museum. *